Immigration Law

Augen Law Offices is dedicated to the practice of all aspects of U.S. immigration law. Our team of attorneys and supporting professionals provide immigration services to individuals, families, corporate clients, investors and executives.

From consultation through approval, we provide quality services with the clients both who intend to immigrate and who stay in the US on a temporary basis.

1.Nonimmigrant visa – Temporary stay in the US

We seek for your best visa option suitable for your desire based on your experience and visa history. Following are just examples of major visa we have advised. We are capable of advising other types of visa.

  • Visitor (B1/B2)
  • Student (F-1, OPT, STEM extension/M-1/J-1)
  • Worker (H-1B//H-2A/H-2B/H3/L-1A/L-1B/J-1)
  • Treaty Trader and Investor (E-1/E-2)
  • Extraordinary abilities in Arts, Sciences, Education, Business or Athletics (O-1)
  • Religious Worker (R-1)

       2. Immigrant visa – Permanent Residency

Immigrating to the US is just a start of your dream life. We assist your immigration both on Employment-basis and Family-basis.Employment-based Immigration.

Employment-based Immigration

  • EB-1(a) (Alien of Extraordinary Ability)
  • EB-1(b) (Outstanding Professors/Researchers)
  • EB-1(c) (Multinational Manager or Executive)
  • EB-2 National interest Waiver (NIW)
  • EB-2 Based on PERM (Advanced Degree/Exceptional Ability)
  • EB-3 Based on PERM (Professionals, skilled workers and other workers)
  • EB-4 (Special Immigrant & Religious Workers)
  • EB-5 (Investor Visa)

 Family-based Immigration

  • Immediate Relative Immigrant Visas (Unlimited)
    • IR-1 Spouse of a US Citizen
    • IR-2 Unmarried Child Under 21 Years of Age of a US Citizen
    • IR-3 Orphan adopted abroad by a US citizen
    • IR-4 Orphan to be adopted in the US by a US citizen
    • IR-5 Parent of a US Citizen who is at least 21 years old
  • Family Preference Immigrant Visas (Limited)
    • Family First Preference (F1) Unmarried sons and daughters of US citizens (and their minor children, if any)
    • Family Second Preference (F2) Spouses, minor children and unmarried sons and daughters of LPRs.
    • Family Third Preference (F3) Married sons and daughters of US citizens, and their spouses and minor children, provided that US citizens are at least 21 years of age.
    • Family Fourth Preference (F4) Brothers and sisters of US citizens, and their spouses and minor children, provided the US citizens are at least 21 years old.
  • Fiancee/Spouse Visas (K-1/K-3)
  • Provisional Unlawful Presence Waivers

3. Acquiring US Citizenship/Naturalization

When you are ready for the naturalization, we are here to assist you. We also help children of US citizens who were born in foreign countries to acquire US citizenship.

4. Humanitarian

One of our missions is to help anyone under difficult circumstances with our legal knowledge and experience. Following are some of the humanitarian programs we have advised.

  • Asylum
  • Temporary Protected Status
  • Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (*Note: As of Sept 5, 2017, this program is to be phased out. See https://www.uscis.gov/daca2017 )